The destroyer, “Mahadev”, “Nataraj”, “Bhole Nath”- These are some of the agnames of Lord Shiva, the great Hindu deity. Tiger skin decorticated and wrapped around his torso, blessed with a third eye-the eye of wisdom and a snake clasped around his clavicles and a trident on his left hand, that’s Lord Shiva!
Lord Shiva (the destroyer) is associated with the Hindu Trinity comprising of Lord Vishnu (the creator) and Lord Brahma (the preserver) as well. Lord Shiva is believed to be an integral part of this trinity because without destruction, restoration is impossible.
Lord Shiva is a true inspiration for his devotees owing to a number of reasons. He was intolerant to the evil, he would take no atrocity. Lord Shiva stands for tranquility. His calm head helped him conquer the evil and remain nonchalant in disturbing times. He preached the essence of evanescence of life-how everything’s short-lived and temporary.
About Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra: Meaning and its significance
Om Tryambakam Yajamahe
Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritat
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra’s amongst the most antique mantras in Vedas and shares a correlation with Lord Shiva. It is famously known as the “Great Death conquering mantra”. The name speaks for itself. As it suggests, the mantra is chanted in the times of dreadful situations and angst. During the times of life when circumstances seem to be intimidating this mantra comes to the rescue. On bifurcating it, we obtain “Maha” which means Supreme, “Mrityun”-Death and “Jaya” which stands for triumph. In simple words, the mantra means Victory against Death.
Coming to the importance of this holy mantra-
1. The Strength of Lord Shiva: Shiva’s third eye represents wisdom and strength. Legend has it that once Shiva’s third eye was covered by Goddess Parvati in a frolicsome manner and the entire universe was drained out of light. Also, it is believed that on occasions of great anger, the third eye would emit rays that burnt the evil into ashes. This mantra provides the eye of insight to the one who chants it.
2. Protecting shield: The one who chants this mantra is always protected against ailments and sufferings. 11,000- that’s the number of times a person has to chant the mantra in order to get rid of any ailment or suffering.
3. To achieve success: For someone who wishes to reach unusual peeks in career and achieve success, the Maha Mrityunjaya mantra is required to be chanted 150000 times, to be precise.
4. Combatting untimely death: The mantra itself stands for victory against death. It has high spiritual relevance. It also cleanses the soul and purifies the mind and body of the one who chants it.
5. Increases awareness: It greatly impacts the consciousness, chanting this mantra leads the person into a deep meditative state that calms the mind and body simultaneously. Early morning chanting of Maha Mrityunjaya mantra helps you start the day in an enigmatic manner.
Things you ought to know- Number of times you need to chant and How you need to chant:
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is extremely sacred and is directly associated with Lord Shiva.
It needs to be chanted with great precision in order to obtain the maximum benefit.
A Rudraksha is, no brainer, a must for chanting the holy Maha Mrityunjaya mantra. Your mantras and great devotion can never achieve the purpose without it.
Since 16 Mukhi Rudraksha has its ruling God as Lord Shiva, it is the most compatible one for Maha Mrityunjaya mantra chanting purpose. Lord Shiva bestows the one who chants the mantra with blessings of all kind be it wealth, prosperity, good health and peace. The 16 mukhi rudrakasha and Maha Mrityunjaya mantra together have the ability to avoid any sort of accident and unfortunate events. For even better results, chandan (sandlewood) is to be applied before the chanting. Align your heart and soul, all the attention to the mantra and Lord Shiva. This will accentuate the flow of energy.
The Frequency of Chanting:
-Starting off your journey? Chant at least three times to stay safe.
-For a healthy peaceful day, chant the mantra 108 times each day.
-If you are prescribed medicines, before taking your medicines chant the mantra nine times.
-Someone who is keen to conceive a child must chant the mantra 150000 times.
-Chanting the mantra 1100 times is enough to make your fear vanish in intimidating situations.
If you’re someone who is planning to get your hands on 16 Mukhi Rudraksha to chant the holy Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra, there’s no better place than Rudra Ashirwad! We are most reputed supplier of original and lab certified Rudraksha in India. With our online presence, we aspire to be the best suppliers in the market to have an edge with Finest quality beads with Genuine Pricing. To know more about the Rudraksha and Shop – use the tiny little WhatsApp button below or click on the link below.